Industrial Grade Calcium Chloride Anhydrous Powder
Calcium chloride is a chemical compound of calcium and chlorine. It is a calcium salt traditionally used in the food industry in cheese making. Used in many applications: anti-caking agent, antimicrobial agent, pickling agent, firming agent, flavor enhancer, humectant, pH control agent, stabilizer, thickener and texturizer. It is highly soluble in water. It is a salt that is solid at room temperature, and it behaves as a typical ionic halide. It has several common applications such as brine for refrigeration plants, ice and dust control on roads, and in cement. It can be produced directly from limestone, but large amounts are also produced as a by-product of the Solvay process. Because of its hygroscopic nature, it must be kept in tightly-sealed containers.
Used in conjunction with sodium alginate when making spheres, calcium chloride is used to set sodium alginate solutions resulting in spheres that gel on the outside and remain liquid in the center. It is an ideal reactant for its high water solubility and high calcium content.
1) Oil and gas well fluids – to boost the efficiency of drilling and the completion of wells.
2) Deicing agents (deicers/snow melting agent) – for sidewalk, parking lot, airport and road treatments
3) Road stabilization and dust control
4) Accelerators in concrete – to increase curing speed
5) Industrial processing – as additives in plastics, for calcium salt production, drainage aids for wastewater treatment, etc.
6) Other applications – tire ballast, hydrocarbon desiccant, refrigeration brine, food processing agent or coagulating agent and additive for foods.
Yuze Chemical is well-known as one of the leading industrial grade calcium chloride anhydrous powder manufacturers and suppliers, which is equipped with a professional factory. Situated in Weifang, Shandong, China - a place full of various mineral substances, we enjoy abundant resources and convenient transportation. Don't hesitate to buy products at competitive price with us.